Subject: [Leica] Focusing screens
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Wed Dec 17 10:10:20 2008

With the Canon "1" line you can use any screen that was made from at
least the old film 1n on to the modern 1DsIII.  Back in the mid to late
90's when I got a 1N I HATED the stock screen and replaced them with
Beattie Intensscreens.  I have moved those screens to all of my new "1"
bodies.  First I used them in the 1N, then the original 1D, then the
1DII and now my 1DsIII.  Even though the 1D line has a smaller sensor it
uses the same screens as the full frame versions.

Even with better screens they still are nowhere as good as the old F1
with a type SJ laser matte screen.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography