Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 15/12/2008: got a new old lens today ;-)
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Wed Dec 17 08:15:55 2008

Nathan, 'not bad at all' is the euphemism of the decade!! Your 50 Summilux
is by a fairly wide margin the longest-lived lens in Leitz/Leica history.
Introduced in 1961, the optical formula and performance were sufficiently
world-class that this Summilux
remained in the catalog for over 40 years!

Seth