Subject: [Leica] IMG: 747, Make it happen
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Dec 16 20:38:48 2008

Until CANON comes out with a comparable lens give them a break this optic is
just out of the gate!
They don't want to look like copy cats jumping all over it.
Need to appear aloof and superior.
Though they end up rushing to out do Nikons designs several times a year.
Took them a while to out do the 12-24 f4 but the reason being may be they
were just not all that concerned with cropped format for serious use. But
they came out in time with an 11-22 which is very possibly a better lens.

Nikon of course does the same. They have to leapfrog Canons big new deals on
a fairly regular basis.
But its remarkable for a company of a fraction of Canons resources how often
its Nikon first off;

Canon Copies.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner