Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Biggest Moon, 1 day late.
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Tue Dec 16 08:53:03 2008

Thanks to Nathan for taking his Moon photo on the day it was closest
to Earth and as it's largest size as viewed. I missed the day but
thanks to Nathan's shot I was able to catch it the following night.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/LeonardT/Nikon/Biggest_Moon.jpg.html>

or

http://tinyurl.com/6ag6fa

Shot with the Nikon D300 and the Nikon 1000mm f11 mirror lens.

This was a very quick hand held shot where I guessed at the exposure
of 1/2500 sec at ISO 800.
If you look at the EXIF data it's not correct as I forgot to set the
manual lens setting in the camera menu.
It's also not cropped to give you an idea as to what a 1500mm lens
view would be on a FF or film camera.

Len

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: The Biggest Moon, 1 day late.)
Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] IMG: The Biggest Moon, 1 day late.)