Subject: [Leica] IMG: 747, Make it happen
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Dec 16 07:20:35 2008

Mark,

I think it's a case of "good enough" for most uses.  Most
photographers don't examine their photos at 100% edge to edge and
don't need to.  For a small reprint in newspapers and magazines or on
the web, Canon photos are "good enough"; but stock photographers
submitting to agencies know that their photos will be examined that
way and rejected if there are problems.  The Alamy forum has
complaints daily from people who are not able to get anything to pass
Quality Control.  I used to have problems with the Canon lenses, too,
and had quite a few failures.  Since I started submitting M8 photos,
I have not had a single photo fail Quality Control.

Also, some Canon lenses are worse than others.  The 16-35 zoom is
absolutely awful.  The 24/1.4 L is pretty bad.  Wides are much worse
than longer lenses.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com