Subject: [Leica] Re: Chrome over aluminum
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon Dec 15 19:06:11 2008

On Dec 15, 2008, at 8:41 PM, Jerry wrote:

> Frank
>
> In my profession (aerospace) chrome plating on aluminium is quite
> common
> in wear situations.
>
> BTW, the aluminium frame on my CCW Colt Commander .45 ACP as built by
> Swenson over
> 30 years ago and used regularly, has a chrome plating.
>
> Jerry

Those of you who are car freaks may remember that the aluminum air
cooled cylinders of the 1500 cc Porsche Super were chrome plated on
the inside wear surfaces. If it works for 50,000 miles on a high
revving sports car engine, it should last a lifetime on a Leica lens.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Re: Chrome over aluminum)