Subject: [Leica] Re: Grand Canyon snow
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Dec 15 17:03:48 2008

At 06:30 PM 12/15/2008, you wrote:
I guess you didn't get down to river level. About 20 years ago we
>rafted down the Grand Canyon length of Colorado River in the middle
>of April.
>
>Larry Z

When we were there in October, it was freezing on the rim.  They were
predicting snow flurries for the next day.  We hiked down to Phantom
Ranch and the temperature rose all the way.  The next day as we hiked
back out, I took a photo of the thermometer at Indian Gardens and it
was 100 degrees F.  Very, very hot!!  By the time we got to the rim,
it was freezing.  We were so tired, it didn't really matter, but you
have to dress in layers and be prepared to carry the extra ones!!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com