Subject: [Leica] OT: Quick LR2 tip? How to import?
From: richard.lists at (Richard Man)
Date: Sun Dec 14 15:57:33 2008

OK, so may be I should reorg my folders first so that it's by years. That
will just make a few folders (one per year). I will have lots of scanned
pictures too, but I guess that's no problem. Sounds like I should also start
using Vuescan to scan to raw.

So lets say I re-org to just one folder per year, then should I have just
one catalog for all the years or one catalog per year?

Also should I just let it catalog the RAW and the JPGs?

When I "develop" RAW images in LR2, then should the resulting JPGs be added
back to LR? (I presume yes)

If I add more photos to a folder, does LR2 update the catalog automatically?

Thank you for all the help!!!

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Tina Manley <> wrote:

> At 06:28 PM 12/14/2008, you wrote:
>> with subdirs for different cameras and different months and years.
> PS  You won't need subfolders for all of those.  Put everything in one
> folder and import everything into one catalog. The EXIF info will allow you
> to filter it all based on cameras, dates, lenses, filename, shutter speed,
> keywords, whatever!
> Tina
> Tina Manley

// richard m: richard
// b:

Replies: Reply from red735i at (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] OT: Quick LR2 tip? How to import?)
Message from images at (Tina Manley) ([Leica] OT: Quick LR2 tip? How to import?)