Subject: [Leica] Some more shots from SF LUG dinner
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Dec 13 16:59:02 2008

Howard Ritter showed:

I finally had time to spiff up a few more shots of the dinner for

Hoppy & Bronwen, as well as a couple of non-dinner photos from

elsewhere the same night--OT, but at least I shot them on the way to

the dinner...or the same day...or at least the same trip. All photos

with M8 + 24/2.8 asph, ISO 1250 or 2500 except for the daylight one,

some tweaking with PS and/or Noise Ninja.

Posted to the Gallery, at
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/events/sf0812/misc/

Hi Howard,

A few more nice memory moments, thank you.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but there was quite different lighting
in the dinner-bar lounge. In a few of your photos it's quite obvious at the
bar . Doug, Hoppy & Tom. A very obvious light balance scene compared to
Brian and myself slightly away from the bar. By the same token, Doug (hard
left side of frame), Hoppy and myself again appear in proper light balance.

It's quite obvious in many of the posted photographs by attendees. It almost
looks like the lighting over the bar was "daylight" balanced compared to
several feet from the bar and the opposite end of the room.

On a few of mine, not posted, it was obvious there was a presents of Magenta
cast. Yet it didn't show in every frame. Now that's the thing that drives me
crazy at times!! Yes I know if I put IR filters on, it would go away. :-)
Maybe some day just like getting me to finally shoot in RAW after years of
hammering on me. :-) I finally gave in as I couldn't stand the pain of the
word abuse any longer! :-) RAW it is all the time, I never ever think about
it because the digital cameras are set for RAW. PERIOD! :-) I do believe
Lightroom had a great deal to do with my conversion. :-)

Now magenta cast? Aaaacccckkkk!! I'm getting closer to capitulation and
surrendering to the siren calls of the Wicked Magenta Witch! :-( IR filters
it will be sooner than later. Unfortunately I have a bigger problem to
address first.

ted

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Some more shots from SF LUG dinner)
Reply from hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] Some more shots from SF LUG dinner)