Subject: [Leica] Re: Fugitive DVDs
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Thu Dec 11 05:57:53 2008

Whoa!! Perhaps I'll forego an M8 and stay with film, my M4 and M6 and
Leicaflex SL's, scanning onto DVD's for ease of transmittal. Kodachromes of
flight operations and refuelling at sea aboard U.S.S. Intrepid taken with my
Leica IIIf, 50/2 Summitar and E.Leitz NY Wollensak 127/4,5 Raptar in 1957
during my almost 2 years as legal officer and OOD/under way on board U.S.S.
Intrepid are today as vivid today as they were over half-a-century ago. LHSA
members on this list who attended the 2005 annual meeting will remember
seeing some of them projected from a DVD. And of course, silver-based b+w
films will last as long as the film base = indefinitely, since we've not
remotely reached a test period. Tri-X 8x11mm negatives I took with a Minox B
when I lived in Paris in 1960 aren't remotely en jeu.

Seth