Subject: [Leica] Stealing Photos
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Dec 10 11:43:34 2008

At 02:35 PM 12/10/2008, you wrote:

>>If we don't figure out some way to permanently attach metadata to
>>photos on the web,
>
>Photoshop supports Digimarc, but I've never seen anybody actually use it.
>Digimarc asserts that it is "widely used by photographers, artists,
>and agencies". I'm not sure I believe them.

I used Digimarc when it first came out but they increased the annual
subscription prices so much that it became ridiculous to try to
Digimarc everything that I post on the internet.  Right now I'm
depending on TinEye to find infringements but I would love to have
permanently attached metadata that could be searched.  I might look
at Digimarc again if nothing else is developed.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Stealing Photos)