Subject: [Leica] Re: Stolen photos
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Dec 10 13:18:07 2008

At 03:41 PM 12/10/2008, you wrote:
  Now I know
>that none of us would ever do that with pictures from the LUG Forum
>but-- if you intend to sell it, don't post it.
>
>Larry Z

Larry -

The problem with that is that if you want to sell it, you have to
post it!  99.9% of all photos sold today are searched, found, and
sold through the internet.  I can't remember the last time I sold a
photo that had not been posted on the web.  All of my stock
photographs are posted by several different agencies.  All photo
researchers today start out with a search - on Google or Alamy or
Getty or Corbis or Photo Researchers or PDI or any of thousands of
different sites, depending on what kind of photo they need.  That's
just the way the business works these days.  If your photo is not
posted somewhere, it will not be found or sold.  There is no choice.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Re: Stolen photos)