Subject: [Leica] Micro 4/3rds and using M lenses
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Dec 9 14:34:11 2008

I see there's a picture of a red G1 with a black 35mm ASPH Summicron on it.
You cant get those puppies in red I checked.
It looks a lot better on the tiny red camera than the huge ugly Canon FD
50mm SSC!

But I look at that and imaging what an ASPH 24 or 21 would look like on the
camera.
Because with a 2 times crop circle factor that's certainly what I'd be
using.
As with my 35mm ASPH Summicron that's a 70mm portrait lens.
Seems a little odd.

With the huge heavy 24 you get a 48.
That's a whole lot a high end glass to be shooting through the very center
of; and nothing else.

A 21mm becomes a 42mm.
normal
I thought you'd like to know that. I'm a wiz with the 2 x table.

And that's my widest lens.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner