Subject: [Leica] Bad news at Leica
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (hoppyman@bigpond.net.au)
Date: Mon Dec 8 10:40:14 2008

My experience was that the less than 24x36 sensor became an insignificant
issue compared to not shooting. if you like a fast fifty then the 35 1.4
will get the job done. At the very widest end you need one more lens if that
is your style. At the longer end you get a bonus of course. Having one fast
lens is enough for me. Millions of Leica shooters have survived without a
f/1.4 or f/1.0 everything for quite a while. I found that I still use my
fifty and get a more disciplined composition. You can even take a step or
two back! Remember too that almost all digital dSLRs have the same
adjustment needed, most have a bigger 'crop factor' of course. But if you
are unhappy adapting your style even slightly when you go M8, better maybe
to save yourself some stress and just shoot film. Be careful though, if you
try the M8 you just might fall in love.
Cheers
SF Hoppy