Subject: [Leica] Re: Micro 4/3
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sat Dec 6 15:24:12 2008

There's one micro 4/3 model out, the Panasonic Lumix G1, which has received
mixed reviews so far. It's literally as big as the smallest dslr models on
the market, but with no optical viewfinder. An interesting Micro 4/3 camera
could be, IMO, a very small body without EVF, but hotshoe for accessory
finders, and fast, compact primes. That would fill the gap between the APS-C
dslr and the usual 1/1.8" sensor compacts, and also fill the pocket of many
LUGgers, likely.

But I'm not shure how much sense it makes to use bigger, heavier, older
lenses with limited functionality on a digital system which is intended for
compactness and digital conveniences like contrast autofocus and others.

But as an alternative to a M8, just for using Leica glass with (expensive)
adapters, but no rangefinder coupling - hmm, don't know.

Didier

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Re: Micro 4/3)
Reply from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Re: Micro 4/3)