Subject: [Leica] Week 17, twisted portrait
From: leica at web-options.com (Bob W)
Date: Sun Nov 23 09:20:13 2008

That's beautifully done - a lovely style, and a beautiful model too.

I note the comment from someone on your blog "poor anne-jitske must have
been standing for a good 5 minutes while you played with the
focus/swings/tilts etc. ". I'm reading a book at the moment which describes
Avedon's technique for some of his famous portraits. It seems he would have
the subject brought into the studio, and would not speak to him. Instead he
would spend up to an hour in silence, just watching the subject, and
clicking the cable release from time to time. His assistant would hurry to
change the plate, and it would begin again. If it's good enough for
Avedon...