Subject: [Leica] Are Leica lenses multicoated?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Nov 21 21:39:12 2008

I don't think they're been a camera lens made in decades by anybody that was
not multi coated.

The secret coating sequence on Leica lenses are:

Vanilla
Strawberry
Raspberry
Chocolate
Peppermint
Whale Blubber
Pistachio

But they are wafer thin.
Almost to the level of one micro.

So there's little danger of your cat coming up and licking it off.
Besides none the coatings are catnip
Or tuna.

Even though they would no doubt improve the quality of optics to the utmost.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner