Subject: [Leica] Are Leica lenses muliticoated?
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri Nov 21 19:37:54 2008

Bob,

It sounds like you have been doing a lot of research into lens
coating. I have read, and I believe it was from Edwin Puts, that all
current Leica lenses are multicoated. But I can't find the reference
again. But I recall there was no dates or specific lenses mentioned.
He did mention that the 50mm Summicron with 5 plane ( not curved )
surfaces only need single coating. That would tell me that different
lens elements get different coatings. I know that the new Nikon Nano
Crystal coating is applied to only one surface or one element.

Len