Subject: [Leica] IMG: Fall Colors at Pt. Lobos
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Nov 12 07:45:14 2008

Bob... were you using your perspective controlled lens for the first shot?
Does the lens offer swings and tilts?  Or Tilt only?  ( relative to a
landscape image configuration.)

Mid range focus on the right worse than midrange on the left.....  indicates
maybe your lens was not "centered" and set for some amount of tilt.... which
in this composition means swing... and therefore the focus planes are not
where we expect them.....  Although it certainly works for the
foreground.....

Is this just a case of focus distortion caused by the foreground focus being
right ( which it is) , and the background wrong for the foreground focus
planes.....?

Sometimes swings and tilts make the focus just look weird....

Certainly a colorful shot.... nicely composed.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

the first - the mid frame lack of focus puzzles me

Fond regards,
George

Message from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] IMG: Fall Colors at Pt. Lobos)