Subject: [Leica] Still using my Contax and I DO like my lens, so....
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Nov 11 19:26:31 2008

At 06:12 PM 11/11/2008, Mr A-Z wrote:
 >I'm still using my Contax III and I have always loved my Sonnar lens
 >(50/1.5).
 >As you may have read I am however not that fond of how the Contax works
 >and I am very intrigued by moving to a Leica (or maybe even a Zeiss Ikon
 >or the R2C camera).

Hmm.

Well, I own a slew of these folks -- Contax I,
II, III, IIa, IIIa, Kiev II &c, Leica IIIc, IIIf
RDST, IIIg, M3, and M6 Wetzlar.  I have not idea
what you mean by stating that you are not "fond"
of how the Contax III operates.  The Contax RF is
a lot more intuitive than is the Leica of any
vintage.  The M6 is my miniature-format
shooter-of-choice, of course, but, then I do love
a quiet afternoon walk with a Contax II.

The new cameras just will not last.  I regularly
shoot cameras which are three-quarters of a
century old and which I can pass on to my
grand-kids.  The new cameras will be junk in five
years when the electrics fry.  They are fine
cameras for the moment but they simply cannot
have the longevity of older RF gear.  Yes, there
will come a time when the metering circuitry on
my M6 will become irreplaceable but that will not
effect the basic operation of the camera.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from editor at frontenachouse.com (editor@frontenachouse.com) ([Leica] Still using my Contax and I DO like my lens, so....)