Subject: [Leica] For Rollei fans: good and bad news
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Mon Nov 10 09:53:57 2008

At 08:03 PM 11/9/2008, you wrote:
 >That is most interesting.  Like probably everyone on this list, I have a
 >TLR
 >Rollei in the camera closet, mine not used for 20 years.  I'll have to pull
 >it out and refresh my memory as to which one it is.  I had no idea they had
 >a view camera.

Well, I own a slew of Rolleiflex TLR's but the
one I use most often is my 2.8GX, made around
twenty years back, one of the last ones to have a
Compur shutter.  I was at the National Zoo in
Washington, DC< several weeks back and shoot a
roll of 127 Kodacolor 200 with my Baby Grey, a neat little piece.

Yes, F&H is very much in business and the 2.8GX
and FX have sold quite well.  The new Rolleiwide
and Tele-Rolleiflex have had some problems
getting into the marketplace but seem to be doing
well.  I have yet to SEE an FX or the Wide and
Tele, as I am at least a two hour drive from the nearest Rollei dealer.

I own a bunch of Hasselblad stuff, as well.  Fun
cameras and, in the darkroom, Medium Format
REALLY trumps miniature format (35mm).  Negatives big enough to swim in.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] For Rollei fans: good and bad news)