Subject: [Leica] For Rollei fans: good and bad news
From: eperea at walkereng.com (Emilio Perea)
Date: Sun Nov 9 16:27:05 2008

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 02:49:08PM -0800, Alastair Firkin wrote:
> I am surprised: is there still a Rollei to be making these cameras, or
> where they put away for a few years to "eak" out.

I believe there are now two "Rolleis": one selling rebadged P&S digital
cameras, and the original factory bought back by descendants of Franke
and Heidecke:

http://www.franke-heidecke.net/

They make 3 TLR models as well as digital and film SLRs sold under their
own and other people's names.  (And a monorail camera I had not heard of
but just saw on their website.)

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] For Rollei fans: good and bad news)