Subject: [Leica] M8 in the cold
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sat Nov 8 08:36:12 2008

I do a lot of Leica hugging in the polar regions. My cameras are often
hidden beneath the coat. I keep a battery or two spare in the pockets, and
swap them around a bit. I now have 3 for the DMR. Not sure if I will use the
M8 this trip, but I would keep spare batteries in teh pocket for that. I was
hoping to rig up an external battery with the one for the DMR which died: ie
have the casing in the camaera and the battery pack in my pocket. BUT too
much to do, and not enough time. I'll let you know how we get on: Helen has
5 batteries for her Olympus ;-)