Subject: [Leica] Spanish names
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Nov 8 08:32:06 2008

>From the master himself. This is from a draft of a Leica photographers' book
currently in preparation!

"Lluis Ripoll Querol, Barcelona
I?m very proud to say that I was born in Reus.  Reus was not a big town in
1943, but it was a centre of intense cultural activity.
I?m known on the Leica Users? Group (LUG) as Lluis (Catalan vorname) or Luis
(Spanish). I?m a Catalan in Spain. In Spain the first surname (Ripoll) has
come from my father?s name and the second (Querol), from my mother.
Most commonly, I?m simply known as Lluis Ripoll of Barcelona."

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.