Subject: IMG: RE: [Leica] Framelines
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Nov 2 16:24:32 2008

Tina Manley offered in response to Geoff:
Subject: RE: IMG: RE: [Leica] Framelines

At 05:53 PM 11/2/2008, you wrote:

>It's way cool to be able to read Tina's post, shoot a couple of frames, get
them into my PC, upload one and now you've seen it about 20 mins after I
shot it. Incidentally this is the new Adobe Standard profile. And how good
is that old lens!!

>Geoff <<<<<<

Tina replied:

>>Looks great to me, Geoff!  Very sharp.  Isn't digital fun!<<

Tina you bet it's fun and it gives so many opportunities more than film at
basically "no cost" I can't see myself using film ever again. No different
than going back to the horse and buggy.

 Sure buying the gear is the major outlay, but once you have it in hand, man
you go around snapping away like a kid stealing candy in a candy shop! :-)

I'm finally having a small bit of Sunday quiet time sitting at the computer
down loading happy snaps from the Leica Seminar in Rockport.

I only shot with the M8 and no filters during the walk about in local
harbours but I'm absolutely amazed at the sharp finger cutting images it
captured.

The printer is humming away in the back ground grinding out 12X18 prints
that are quite amazing for quality. I don't know what I did, but it appears
these are some of the sharpest looking M digital images I've ever seen.

Maybe my eye sight is really failing more and I'm imagining this quality.

As far as digital goes I wouldn't be caught dead using film ever again! But
what I can't fathom are those photographers still saying the digital image
isn't anything as good as film. I don't know what criteria they're using or
what they're shooting, but anything I've had out of the M8 is amazing at
12X18 size photographs. And that includes in some cases a fair amount of
cropping and they still look smashing! But to each his own! :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) (IMG: RE: [Leica] Framelines)