Subject: [Leica] R10 news
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 1 09:18:20 2008

Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

> Digital sensors are miles behind film in what aspects?
> I respectfully disagree regarding the M8. In my experience,
> images from my M8 are superior to anything I ever scanned from
> my film M's. That is to say in resolution, scalability, control,
> flexibility, convenience, productivity.
> Sorry but there it is.
> I suspect that users of the R8/DMR have some views on
> this also.

My experience with the DMR is much like Geoff's with the M8.  I compared my
last roll of K25 with the DMR at ISO400 and even neglecting the 4 stops
faster shutter speeds the DMR whomped K25: better image detail, color
quality, dynamic range.  Plus the other stuff Geoff mentioned.  As it turned
out I was glad I had no more K25.  The biggest drawback of the DMR is that I
can't put it on the SL.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com