Subject: [Leica] IMG: New M8 profiles in Adobe Camera Raw
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Oct 31 17:25:33 2008

Folks these may be of interest.
These are examples using the new Adobe M8 Beta 2 profiles in Adobe Camera
Raw 5.1.
Adobe Standard Beta 2 is meant to improve rendition over the 4.4 profiles.
Camera standard Beta 2 is meant to emulate what the camera's default
software program does. I guess that is Capture One for the M8.
I have just updated my Capture One to 4.51 so that will be my next
experiment.

The original is an available light grab. My little Mina getting ready for a
Halloween party with her friends. Check the wig!
M8 28'cron ASPH. 2.8 1/45th UV/IR filter.
Auto exposure, no adjustment, default conversion, identical capture and
output sharpen, noise reduction, crop, down sample, converted to sRGB from
ProPhotoRGB.
AWB, auto ISO (1250)
 <http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/105313145>
<http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/105313145>
or
http://tinyurl.com/6xybdu
Significantly different histograms, and colour rendering.  Note the skin
tones, saturation, black and white fabrics, tiny red spot on left (lid of a
lip balm)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Maike Harbets speaks on the S2. .... So we will drop down this technology to
our other systems.
Our priority is to modernise the R system which will be in the end an R10,
definitely.

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: New M8 profiles in Adobe Camera Raw)