Subject: [Leica] IMG: Horned Grebe
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 20 19:42:15 2008

Richard S. Taylor wrote:

> the thought of having all that expensive gear in
> such an easily rollable boat as a
> kayak would make me a nervous wreck.  :-)

The kayak is a very stable ocean kayak (very seaworthy).  I've used it on SF
bay, Lake Tahoe, and in the San Juan rapids of the American River here in
Sacramento with no problems, and I only take the camera out when the water
is very calm.  What worries me more than rolling is drips and splashes
getting into the kayak because the camera's hiding place is what might be
called the bilge.  I keep the drips out and the splashes to a minimum.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com