Subject: [Leica] OT-DigiCamera wish list
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Thu Oct 16 15:48:53 2008

Digilux I :-)

--- mstoesz@wyoming.com wrote:

From: "Mike Stoesz" <mstoesz@wyoming.com>
To: <lug@leica-users.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 05:46:41 -0700

Howdy from the cold of Wyoming;

I was going to post this on the DUG but Yahoo won't take my log-in, so here
it goes.

I am searching for the "perfect" digital pocket camera and this is my ideal
for my needs.

1) pocketable and about the same size and configuration as Contax T-2
2) large sensor, full-frame (24x36) or at least APS-C or 4/3
3) wide sensitivity range 100-1600
4) single focal length lens equivalent to 35mm on 35mm but perhaps anything
in the range of 28-40 equivalent.
5) very low distortion lens, I hate barrel and pincusion distortion in most
of the P&S zooms.
6) fast lens speed of f/2 or faster.
7) simple controls with common ones readily available without going to the
menu-- shutter speed, aperture, ISO
8) accurate eye-level finder, I dislike LCD only viewfinders, and I wear
glasses.

Anyone have any ideas?  What is your "ideal" pocket digicam?

Regards

Mike