Subject: [Leica] OT: modern pocket watch?
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Wed Oct 15 19:17:43 2008

Oliver,

The Mark XV uses a Eta Movement modified in-house by IWC. Certainly not as
good as Rolex's in-house movement's of the late 1960's. The earlier Mark XII
used a very accurate JLC Movement slightly modified by IWC. Today IWC is
using more and more of their Pellaton movements but it was the step away
from their excellent in-house movements in the 1990's that got me going back
in time to their earlier/vintage watches.

Regards,

Greg> From: oliverbryk@comcast.net> To: lug@leica-users.org> Date: Tue, 14
Oct 2008 18:07:32 -0700> Subject: [Leica] OT: modern pocket watch?> > I
bought my Rolex Explorer 1016 circa 1969/70. Its maintenance, including>
replacement of a worn band, has cost many times what I paid for the watch.
I> would not want to wear anything else except my IWC Mark XV (which is not
as> accurate as the Rolex).> Oliver> > >