Subject: [Leica] Scanner Progress......
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Oct 13 07:13:07 2008

Daniel....

Thanks for the input.  I have an older version of Elements, only.  I tried
some "levels" and that did support a more snappy image... but the midtones
went too dark for my taste.
This is a trial, so the path is now set, must get the experience, skills and
judgement.

I just ordered Lightroom 2.  When I get that, I need to check my scanning.
This image was scanned to TIFF. I still have the opportunity to scan to NEF
format.   I think LR2 wants RAW files for more image control.  SO if it will
take the file format, I need to rescan, then tweak.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

The next step is to work a little with levels (it's like chosing a
paper grade in the darkroom). You could also work with "contrast", I
guess it is a matter of taste. For me, "levels" is easier to fine
tune. You could use "curves" too. There's more than one way to do
things.

That would piff up the colors a bit and put some snap into it.

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Scanner Progress......)
Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Scanner Progress......)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Scanner Progress......)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Scanner Progress......)