Subject: [Leica] Konica Hexar RF
From: alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal)
Date: Thu Oct 9 10:55:14 2008

Hi Philip,

I had two Hexars at one time, sold them both, never regretted the sale. They
are now orphaned, neither Konica-Minolta nor Sony will support them, so you
are at the mercy of independent repairers should something go wrong. The
parts problem will only get worse with time. There may well be a problem
with collimation and focus of Leica M and Cosina lenses on some Hexar
bodies.

TO summarise, if you are a gambler, and hope that the camera will not go
wrong, and that your particular specimen will focus properly with your M
lenses, then go for it; otherwise,  I'd recommend saving your pennies and
getting a user M7 if you need auto exposure.

Regards,
Akhil