Archived posting to the Leica Users Group, 2008/09/25

[Author Prev] [Author Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Author Index] [Topic Index] [Home] [Search]

Subject: [Leica] a serious question
From: afirkin at (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Thu Sep 25 13:00:52 2008

Lets face it, not everyone is going to be able to afford Leica. That is not 
new: I could not afford Leica when I started. Its really NOT a surprise that 
the gear costs lots: its fantastic and does not play the close enough is 
good enough game: that said, its gonna be a long time before the secondhand 
market of S2's reaches the Australian shores ;-)

--- wrote:

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [Leica] a serious question
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:46:59 -0400

Philip Forrest <> wrote:

> So what is the reason that Leica has just a tiny fraction of the market
> share then?

My guess is that the mass market isn't as passionate about image quality as
those who are willing to pay Leica's prices.  Speaking only for myself, I'm
not satisfied with 90% as good as I can produce.  The other 10% costs. 
Always has, always will.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento

-------------------------------------------------------------------- ? What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?

Leica Users Group.
See for more information

Replies: Reply from drodgers at (David Rodgers) ([Leica] a serious question)