Subject: [Leica] S2 hits Photokina
From: ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Tue Sep 23 20:41:15 2008

Given the sensor area of 30x45mm, I would suspect that the register distance
or flange/back distance would have to be greater than on Leicaflex/R cameras
as the reflex mirror would have to be 25% larger.  If an adaptor is made, I
would expect it to be a teleconverter with a ratio of 1.4x, and the lenses
with protruding rear element would be unusable.
Still, the thought of putting the Summilux-R 80mm on an S-2, effectively a
110mm/1:2 sounds very intriguing.