Subject: [Leica] R10 in development
From: ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Tue Sep 23 17:26:42 2008

Well, not always.  I know that my 400/6.8 has an image circle to cover a lot
more than 24x36mm.  The same goes with my view camera lenses, which I have
not touched in years...  I think the Rodagon 210mm and Artar 305mm cover
8x10, but I've only used them with a 4x5.

Now that we have talked about the "normal" focal length, I see that the
S-2's 70mm lens is wee bit on a long side.  It's really equivalent to a 56mm
lens on a 35mm Leica.  However, given that we can use the last pixels at the
edge, compared to losing the outer 0.5mm or so on film, I'd say it's a wash.

--
Ken Iisaka
first name at last name dot org or com