Subject: [Leica] Firmware upgrade for M8
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Sep 16 16:04:43 2008

Thanks Steve. Looks like 1000 Euro (plus transport) for the quieter shutter
and bright-line frames that I'd like. Those are 'wants' not 'needs' though.
Not inexpensive obviously, but then it does involve extensive disassembly
and there is the warranty extension. Maybe they'll put on the new vulcanite
after they put it back together ;-). However with those sorts of figures
trading up might make more sense, I would think (not that I'll be changing).

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/