Subject: [Leica] Firmware upgrade for M8
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Sep 15 16:24:04 2008

Mark, I am awaiting a new firmware announcement with interest too. Erwin's
site mentions the SDHC support, but I don't see that in the official Leica
press release so far. Erwin also mentions a new 1.4 viewfinder magnifier as
well as the new external finders. Those are very likely superb quality, but
I didn't think it was possible to have external finders that cost even more
than the Zeiss ones. Sigh.

Leica in their releases mention that the M8 will be able to have the new
frame-lines fitted and the new shutter. It's unclear if that means having
der neue Schnappschussmodus! I'm guessing not. But the dial in EV
compensation and the auto ISO will be the big question marks for any new
firmware. I suspect that we'll need to buy the new camera if we really lust
after those.

Cheers

Geoff

http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e