Subject: [Leica] Looking at pictures
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Tue Sep 16 14:59:42 2008

Well you have to start somewhere, and what are you trying to say is not a
bad start. It is really hard to answer sometimes, but in answering, you do
begin to think about what you are trying to achieve. I know its not easy to
put into words visual thoughts, but you do need to at least analyse your
work in some manner, and most of us use spoken language. Is the subject
strong: yes could be politically does not really matter, it ties in with
what you are hoping to say.

I know there is a tendency to shelve analysis as arty farty, and I don't
pretend to have the skills to do it myself, BUT, I keep reminding myself
that all good work comes from hard work. Picasso was a master draftsman
before he "dissected" images, and one of my hero's Ken Rosewall, when
accused of being lucky by an opponent agreed, only to add, "and the more I
practice, the luckier I get!"

Cheers