Subject: [Leica] M8 firmware, now SANDISK failure
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed Sep 10 07:42:28 2008

The card was a new SanDisk 4GB card Extreme III: a CF card for Helen's E3.
The Leica's all have 2 GB cards. As far as nightmares go, its up there ---
its the reason I keep swearing that I'll never do Weddings "solo", but then
some hungry relative pleads, you forget and you pay the price!!!!

The card will not even "activate", so at the moment I cannot do anything
with it, and cannot run any rescue software etc. I'm writing to SanDisk to
see what they have to say: I just cannot believe that it could have died
half way through downloading the images into LR. So if your download stops
suddenly and LR has a cryptic comment about the disk, you may begin to feel
a very sinking feeling.

Cheers

Alastair