Subject: [Leica] re: the viewfinders
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Fri Sep 5 07:02:02 2008

Philippe

A visual treat. The tone and shape of the foreground leads us right to the
couple. Then, a pause, and the repeated form of the mountain leads us to the
all-important window.

The window's white of snow, a microcosm of the larger mountain's crest. It
holds our attention, as well it should. The tree might have been an
intrusion but it defies our initial assessment. Notice how it's shape is
subtly copied between the window and the edge of the wall.

Weathered lines etched into the aging structure again draw us to the young
lovers.Even the angle of the roof insures our eyes will peruse the man and
woman. We can do nothing else. The tree stops us cold. It's arrow-like shape
insists nothing less than a full understanding of what transpires before our
eyes.

How do you do it?  :)

Walt

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] re: the viewfinders)