Subject: [Leica] re: the viewfinders
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Fri Sep 5 07:59:34 2008

On Sep 5, 2008, at 7:01 AM, Walt Johnson wrote:

re   http://tinyurl.com/5r839a

> Philippe
>
> A visual treat. The tone and shape of the foreground leads us right
> to the couple. Then, a pause, and the repeated form of the mountain
> leads us to the all-important window.
>
> The window's white of snow, a microcosm of the larger mountain's
> crest. It  holds our attention, as well it should. The tree might
> have been an intrusion but it defies our initial assessment. Notice
> how it's shape is subtly copied between the window and the edge of
> the wall.
>
> Weathered lines etched into the aging structure again draw us to the
> young lovers.Even the angle of the roof insures our eyes will peruse
> the man and woman. We can do nothing else. The tree stops us cold.
> It's arrow-like shape insists nothing less than a full understanding
> of what transpires before our eyes.
>
> How do you do it?  :)

like Walt said...

that's a lot to think about before you take a photo...

how do you do it?

I like this image very much...with its unusual texture...

wonder what the original looked like...

Steve

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] re: the viewfinders Steve)