Subject: [Leica] New Orlens, Katrina and Gustav
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Thu Sep 4 06:21:29 2008

Sonny

I'm sure everything you said about  problems caused by the Corps of
Engineers is right on the money. What I find shocking is the sheer stupidity
of the city's residents in reelecting Nagin. After Gustav's recent brush
with N.O. the airways were. once again, inundated with talking heads.

Yet here  was Nagin, telling everyone to stay put. Meanwhile, the Superdome
gets readied for Sunday's game. Jesus H, don't they have any ballot boxes in
that part of the country? Over the years the NOPD and local politicians have
had disgustingly bad reps. Crooked, inefficient and generally without merit.
Still yet, someone's putting those people in office.

The neglect and mistreatment of N.O.'s citizens following Katrina was damn
near heartbreaking. And now. it's d?j? vu all over again. Time to tell those
folks to shush up... Time to say when you get what you ask for you might
have it coming.

Walt

p.s. Loved the cornfield image, had a quality about it to die for

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams) ([Leica] Re: New Orlens, Katrina and Gustav)