Subject: [Leica] Was LR question; Now Problem with LR/CS3 Launch
From: chuckdesantis at ameritech.net (Chuck DeSantis)
Date: Sat Aug 23 05:14:22 2008

On 8/22/08 3:32 PM, "Henning Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> wrote:

> At 8:43 AM -0500 8/22/08, Chuck DeSantis wrote:
>> As long as we are still talking about LR, conversion, storage and such I
>> have a  couple of questions.
>>
>> Does anybody store original files in RAW format, or is everyone storing
>> copies of DNG conversions?  I have been storing in RAW but am wondering if
>> that is the best situation.
>>
>> And second, is anyone (else) having problems with LR2 not opening images
>> in
>> CS3 for editing?  Worked fine with LR1.4, but though LR2 launches CS3, it
>> won't open the image.  BTW, I'm using a 24" iMac with 10.5.4.

> Make sure you save the Photoshop file with 'Maximise compatibility'
> turned on. It's in preferences, under 'file handling'. Otherwise LR
> won't be able to handle them.
>
> As for RAW vs. DNG storage, at present I generally store them as they
> come from the camera on my hard drive, and process them as such in
> Lightroom. I have a running duplicate, and then my third copy, which
> generally stays off-site, has a DNG converted copy which has been
> created by Adobe DNG converter.

Thanks Tina, Frank and Henning for the LR advice,

I think I'll keep "hedging my bet" by keeping the originals in RAW one way
or another.

I'm still having trouble getting CS3 to launch the photo I want to edit when
I try to do it from LR2.  I see from the Adobe user forum that others seem
to be having the problem, but I don't see a solution yet.  I thought maybe
with the relatively large Mac base here on the LUG that someone would have
had the same issue and arrived at a solution or work-around.

Anybody?

Thanks!

Chuck

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Was LR question; Now Problem with LR/CS3 Launch)