Subject: [Leica] LR question
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Aug 22 13:32:54 2008

At 8:43 AM -0500 8/22/08, Chuck DeSantis wrote:

>As long as we are still talking about LR, conversion, storage and such I
>have a  couple of questions.
>
>Does anybody store original files in RAW format, or is everyone storing
>copies of DNG conversions?  I have been storing in RAW but am wondering if
>that is the best situation.
>
>And second, is anyone (else) having problems with LR2 not opening images in
>CS3 for editing?  Worked fine with LR1.4, but though LR2 launches CS3, it
>won't open the image.  BTW, I'm using a 24" iMac with 10.5.4.

Make sure you save the Photoshop file with 'Maximise compatibility'
turned on. It's in preferences, under 'file handling'. Otherwise LR
won't be able to handle them.

As for RAW vs. DNG storage, at present I generally store them as they
come from the camera on my hard drive, and process them as such in
Lightroom. I have a running duplicate, and then my third copy, which
generally stays off-site, has a DNG converted copy which has been
created by Adobe DNG converter.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design