Subject: [Leica] LR question
From: chuckdesantis at ameritech.net (Chuck DeSantis)
Date: Fri Aug 22 06:43:34 2008

On 8/22/08 7:58 AM, "Tina Manley" <images@comporium.net> wrote:

> At 02:47 AM 8/22/2008, Nathan wrote:
>> LR 1 can do all the things you mention except the very last one. Also,
>> I would strongly advise against converting your RAW files to JPG.
>> Cheers,
>> Nathan
>
> I totally agree.  Your plan is exactly what I do except for the last
> step.  DNG files are small and storage space is cheap.  Do not
> convert your original files to jpegs.  Convert them to LR DNG
> files.  Even Leica DNG are much smaller when converted to LR DNG
> files.  Maybe I misunderstood what you plan to do, but don't convert
> your original files to jpegs!!

As long as we are still talking about LR, conversion, storage and such I
have a  couple of questions.

Does anybody store original files in RAW format, or is everyone storing
copies of DNG conversions?  I have been storing in RAW but am wondering if
that is the best situation.

And second, is anyone (else) having problems with LR2 not opening images in
CS3 for editing?  Worked fine with LR1.4, but though LR2 launches CS3, it
won't open the image.  BTW, I'm using a 24" iMac with 10.5.4.

Thanks for any help!

Chuck

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] LR question)
Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] LR question)