Subject: [Leica] LR question
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Aug 22 08:14:54 2008

At 10:44 AM 8/22/2008, you wrote:
>I started off converting to Lightroom DNG format at
>import but stopped because I was concerned that some
>of the proprietry information in camera makers own
>format was not being preserved or, if it was, the
>camera maker's software would no longer recognise it.
>I have been unable to get satisfactory reassurances so
>I import my raw files as they are from the camera. HD
>space is cheap.
>Frank

You can still convert to DNG and embed the original camera RAW files
in the DNG files.  It takes less room than preserving both separately
and prevents confusion about duplicate files.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] LR question)