Subject: [Leica] Leicaflex SL repair manual
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email)
Date: Mon Aug 18 22:27:05 2008

Also possible that the film window seal on the back door is failing.
Happened to me on a relatively young R9.

Made a vertical red line on all exposures, same location every frame.

Bob

On Aug 18, 2008, at 10:49 AM, wildlightphoto@earthlink.net wrote:

Qiao Li <qiao_li@mentor.com> wrote:

> I haven't been successful at finding a Leciaflex SL repair
> reference. Does anyone has a good pointer on where to find one?

I haven't either.  Many of the SL repairs are similar to repairs for the
Leicaflex Standard, so if you find the Leicaflex repair manual it will
apply to many SL repairs.  There are four different versions of the
Leicaflex so where ever there are differences in the Leicaflex Standard
repairs the instructions for the LAST version are closest to the SL
procedures.

> Doug, I am trying to imagine how the light leaks into the top 1/3
> of the picture. The viewfinder is closer to the bottom the of
> picture, could the light meter cell on the floor of the mirror box
> reflect the leaked light onto the top 1/3 of the picture?

This is also possible.  Is your meter cell ribbed or flat?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on
Microsoft?