Subject: [Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?
From: images at (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Aug 17 09:01:01 2008

At 10:52 AM 8/17/2008, you wrote:
>Another  dumb question.....
>I don't get why several of you have mentioned the ease of use of the way
>files and folders are handled in LR vs some other program....
>Isn't this a function of the OS, and not of some application?
>What am I missing?
>Frank Filippone

The fact that LR 2.0 can store, preview, and search files and folders
that are off-line.  All of my photos from past years are stored
either on DVDs or external hard drives that are off-line.  I need
some way to be able to search all of those files.  Before, I had to
burn DVDs and enter each separate DVD into iView. - a lengthy process
that didn't always work.  With LR 2.0, everything that is in my LR
catalog can be previewed and searched using any number of searches
including metadata, EXIF, keywords, date, folder, etc.  LR 2.0 tells
me where the file or folder is stored.  Exactly what I need.

Tina Manley

Message from photo at (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?)
Message from images at (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?)
Message from red735i at (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?)