Subject: [Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Aug 17 08:53:58 2008

At 12:02 AM 8/17/2008, you wrote:
>As far as this non destructive thing goes its great but now with disk space
>not at a premium the old open the file and then do a safe as works fine to.
>You never work on the original file. Or only do basic tweaks to it.
>
>mark@rabinergroup.com

OK - Here is Martin Evening's explanation about non-destructive work in LR:

"..one of the key advantages of LR is that you can apply a crop, spot
the image, adjust the color, do some more retouch, readjust the crop
again, and so on without every touching the pixels in the original
photograph.  In a conventional pixel-editing workflow, the pixels are
always modified in a consecutive sequence of steps.  When you work in
LR, no restrictions are placed on the order in which you do things
and the edit changes you make in the Develop module are only applied
when you export a photo as a rendered file, such as a TIFF or JPEG
image....   The Lightroom image processing engine ultimately reduces
all of its pixel calculations into a single calculation by the most
direct route possible to produce a mathematically purer, processed
result, in which any image degradation is minimized."

I'm all for minimizing image degradation!!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?)