Subject: [Leica] mcquestion
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Sun Aug 10 12:46:05 2008

Hi Sonny.
My experience is that you cannot "backup" from itunes to a portable hard
drive. It has to be to CDs or DVDs. I just did the same for my daughter (the
first mac owner in our family) and, even by copying the file directory to a
portable drive, via Windows Explorer, was not able to import the songs
properly. And I haven't found the menu in itunes that allows you to do an
itunes backup to an external (or internal) hardrive. We just backed up to
about 13 DVDs and then restored, all from within itunes, without problems.
All that said, I'm not even a mcnovice and will be watching this thread for
expert advice.
Good luck,
Bob

 Bob Adler